Thread: Dash Cams
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 02:31 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

Quick one on the Replay cams. regardless of the lens location issue, they are more or less impossible to get now, which is a pity I have one in my race car and it provides very clear footage even at speed. I am pretty sure Replay has gone bust. If they had not I would have bought a couple more by now.

I only took notice if this thread as I keep thinking I should get a dash cam. I do a lot of KM and see a lot of idiotic things, when one of them finally connects with me (Again, see below) it would be very handy to have some proof of fault.

The one incident where one would have helped was about a year ago, concreters truck going the other way with a full sheet of reo hanging off the side into the oncoming traffic, whacked my car and one in front and one behind. The first reaction of the driver of the truck was to get bargy and accuse me of trying to stitch him up for pre existing damage. He was lucky, the damage was amazingly light, I expected to find half the the front of my car mashed up where it just had a smashed small trim and a bit of paint off.