Thread: One Dimension !
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2011, 11:44 AM
CraigS
Unpredictable

Yep Carl;
(You probably didn't catch my initial post .. I decided to 'tone it down' as I thought I was being too critical of these guys. But now, I can see that perhaps, I wasn't )

Seems to me, that in order to reveal what exists in smaller dimensions, we need to achieve greater resolution in those smaller spaces. With greater resolution, comes more detail which in effect, results in more 'dimensions' appearing.

At the other end of the scale, my brain drops out. I can't even imagine it. It seems to me that without more dimensions becoming apparent, we won't have the 'filters' to gain the perspectives of this bigger picture. (A bit like needing 3D glasses in order to get the 'popping-out' perspective).

These guys are suggesting the completely opposite.

They say it has been observed:
Quote:
.. that the main energy flux of cosmic ray particles with energies exceeding 1 teraelectron volt -- the kind of high energy associated with the very early universe -- are aligned along a two-dimensional plane.
.. so couldn't that also be explained by other reasons ?

Quote:
"We have to take into account the possibility that something is systematically wrong with our ideas," he continued. "We need something radical and new, and this is something radical and new."
Perhaps they might have to take into account that something might be systematically wrong with their ideas.

Cheers