View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 02:00 PM
Mickoid (Michael)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant0nio View Post
That's a very pleasing result Mick. Your post is timely for me as I've developed an interest in vintage camera lenses. There's an absolute stack of them available on Ebay etc. at very reasonable cost,
certain examples such as the SMC Pentax 135mm F 2.5 & earlier Takumar 300mm F4 lenses have good reviews & enjoy cult status.
It's a toss up for me between them & the newer Samyang/Rokinon 135mm F2 .... I think I have the widefield bug .
Great image with the vintage Tamron though .
Cheers,
Tony
Glad you liked the shot with the old lens. The Tamron 500mm mirror lens is basically a mini SCT and because of its weight, I can put it on the Nano Tracker and easily maintain a < 2 kg payload, impossible with a refractor of that focal length. I have one of those Takumar 300mm f4 lenses with a M42 screw mount. I've tried it on my Canon 550d and with an adapter it wouldn't focus to infinity. Be aware of that with some of these older prime lenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan View Post
There are also some very good Russian cat lenses out there, very sharp from corner to corner.
I have MTO-1000A, Rubinar 10/1000 Macro and Rubinar 500 f8.
All performed much better after "glass relaxation procedure", see here .
Boy Bojan, you've been playing around with these type lenses for a while now. I had heard of that mirror relaxing procedure. I don't think my Tamron will be undertaking the operation as I may make an otherwise reasonable performer into a museum piece!

Those Russian reflex lenses have a good reputation of producing good images from what I've read about them. Thanks for your interest in my post.