View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Madanie7 (Brendan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro744 View Post
Beautiful telescope! Be prepared to spend as much again on eyepieces too. Because of the short 360mm focal length you need short focal length eyepieces for planets and double stars. The Tele Vue 6-3mm zoom is a perfect complement. The 24mm Panoptic gives you maximum field if view of 4.3 deg at 68 deg apparent field. Then something in between; I like the 16mm Nagler but for higher power the 9mm Nagler is nice. Note the TV-60 is 1.25" only so no 2" eyepieces. The 60 deg. Everbrite diagonal is great for low altitude objects.

I mainly use mine on planets for a quick look in the evening (or morning). Cool down time is almost instant. It's a great nature 'scope too, birds, bugs. I was watching a Christmas beetle chewing on a leaf from 30-35m and my 6-3mm Nagler zoom with the TV-60 and the image was sharp, bright and contrasty.

Even though it is only 60mm it is one of the best 60mm 'scopes you can get. Enjoy!
Thankyou.

I have a 24mm Panoptic and 13mm Nagler but 90 deg everbrite diagonal already.
I was already looking at the 9mm for my SCT so that will work and I'd happily buy the zoom to compliment....so I am half way there with the eyepieces.

Last edited by Madanie7; 11-12-2018 at 07:50 PM.