Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 02:54 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
It is a good size Alex. Plenty of room for all your gear. Did you get a pier footing poured before the floor was done? I noticed the hole in the floor in the earlier shot.
No pier or even a hole..and I don't plan to dig a hole even...Glen I am so damn clever I worked out that I don't need a hole..my current plan is to drive in some long star pickets maybe eight with two thirds in the ground and one third above ground...then I will drop rocks on them and let them spread under the floor when I have a big rock pile I will pour cement over them to consolidate rock and star pickets ..at the top add some form work to bring to neatly to the floor..I think I can get maybe a ton and a half mass on top of the ground with star picket fingers holding onto the planet.
I plan to name the observatory The Glen Observatory in recognition of all the help and support you have given me on my return to astrophotography.
There will be a name plate front and rear...I will become Alex of the Glen...I hope you approve...please say if you dont.
Ralp is such a decent man...he even bought some cement blocks and cement squares to provide me with stairs..but I do have plan for a ramp in time.

Alex