View Single Post
Old 15-02-2013, 09:47 AM
BFUBBS

Thanks guys, just an update...
I have spoken to VTI regards these eyepieces via email;

"Our supplier office is closed till the 19th February, due to them celebrating their Lunar New Year.
We are planning to stock them from April onwards, that is, if JOC gives us a good price to start with and we have not agreed on that yet.
The earlier price that JOC gave is unprofitable for us to carry them and we have been nudging them to lower their pricing.
So, my apology for not being able to provide you with the figure at the moment."

Havn't spoken to anyone from Agena Astro however website claims they are in stock.

Got in contact with Explore Scientific, they gave me an email contact for an Australian retailer that appears to be an extravision employee. (email ends in @extravision) This person has not responded to my email as yet I don't think they will. I let Explore scientific know that their go-to Australian Distributer doesn't feel like selling their products at the moment and asked for another suggestion.

The only luck that I have had is that Astroshop has them in stock ready to ship, but at a higher price than anyone else advertises. I am thinking that considering all the other places I have contacted have them advertised for $x but after enquiring discover that they don't actually posses any stock I think that Astroshops prices may actually be realistic though. It's easy to say I would sell it to you for this much if I had it to sell and then when they get it in stock up the price but Astroshop have said I can sell it to you for this much right now.

Any ideas?

Last edited by BFUBBS; 15-02-2013 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Terrible grammar mistake