Thread: Total Bondage!
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2014, 10:25 PM
avandonk
avandonk

Total Bondage!

To make your system not flex one needs to tie it down.

A couple of images below shows that both the optic and camera just cannot move relative to each other, now?.

My differential flexure problems are almost non existent now.

The extra G clamps are for balancing weights.

Below is R G B L CCD Inspector images of the same area. It needs a slight adjustment to the left, about 0.2mm.

This involves removing one folded sheet of standard A4 paper I am using for shims for the lateral adjustment of the camera.

If it is not obvious I am using the side by side plates both left and right as outriggers to minimise lateral shift due to gravity as the mount
moves.

To put it simply the triangles that the stabilizing bars and turnbuckles form only have tension stresses. There is no bending moment that can induce movement anywhere laterally in the optic train as long as these tension stresses are far higher.

By making the whole lot quite robust the RH200 is now coupled to the camera no matter what all the bits between them decide to do. The real problem is the CFW
as it is quite heavy and has a very large bending moment that varies with mount position.

The problem is quite new as F3 has a critical focus zone of about 20 micron tops. This means that ANY flexure will lead to misalignment.

I think I have won. Famous last words!

Bert
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0090_01.jpg)
109.0 KB154 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0092_01.jpg)
102.4 KB161 views
Click for full-size image (Capturedrift.PNG)
67.5 KB69 views
Click for full-size image (CaptureRgbl copy1.jpg)
164.3 KB97 views

Last edited by avandonk; 26-08-2014 at 11:59 PM.