View Single Post
Old 14-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Shiraz (Ray)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Jay GaBany's view (or perhaps my misrepresentation of it) is that you can't ever see these things in colour with the naked eye. If you build a huge scope then the magnification increases along with the aperture. If you travel and get up close then these huge objects become larger but more tenuous. Therefore it's all false colour and you're free to tweak
well, I clearly never gave that enough thought then - of course a galaxy will remain at mag 22/arcsec2 even if I can get closer to it. Even the galaxy we are in is too dim to see in colour, unless the stars are individually resolvable. Thanks for putting me straight on that one Rick. I am still not certain that I agree with the idea that this allows total freedom in tweaking (will have to think about it more), but at the very least least, the idea of an underlying visible reality goes out the window... food for thought. Maybe the most realistic approach is to only do monochrome - colour is an artefact..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilbrook@rbe.ne View Post
Hi Ray,

I love colour even strong vibrant colour, which many seem to think is a big No No!
I love the art side of imaging and the freedom of expression it brings. I've done the methodical thing with variable star observation - comet astrometry and comet hunting.
For me it's the different twist's that colour variations in each image posted that's the best thing.

Besides, life can be a little dull and colourless and when did people become so afraid of colour!!

Viva the colour!!

Just my point of view.

Cheers,

Justin.
Thanks Justin. I had been in the category of people who favour less intense colour, but maybe I should think again.

regards Ray

Last edited by Shiraz; 14-02-2014 at 10:56 PM.