View Single Post
Old 23-10-2017, 10:21 PM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
Hi Tareq and welcome aboard. I hope you find the site useful.

I suppose you won't be surprised that I had to use Google Maps to locate your home city! With about 240,000 people it's about the same size as Wollongong but I think that is where the similarities end. This place has hills and rainforest used to grow here.

What is the astronomy scene like over there? We have a couple of astro clubs in town. I imagine that you have clearer skies than us, so that is a plus for you. Because of light pollution we tend to travel out of town to do our deep-sky observing. I imagine that you have similar problems.

Once again - welcome.

David
Thank you very much, David!

I appreciate your words, so nice from you, and my whole country is like a state or smaller in Australia, so no need to look at map for me country, you barely can see it

Well, about astronomy scene here, you can say the best clearest targets here are, The sun, the moon, and few planets mostly Venus and Jupiter, Saturn can be seen with good bino or telescope, i will try with other planets one day such as Mars and Uranus maybe.

Stars are fine, but not that much as we live in a light pollution urban, but sounds with astronomy equipment i am able to see more than i can visual by my naked eyes, my telescope and cameras can see more, i was surprised and shocked to find out few months ago that i can imaging nebulae or some clusters which are my main interest, last time i tried on the galaxy and sounds i can have it if i spend longer time with long exposures, just i am still learning to have better polar alignment one day soon, most of the time it is just fine for shorter exposures, by luck i can have it good enough for longer up to 3-4 minutes maximum, so i am still doing it, we don't have clouds like you maybe, and we don't have much of rain here, but winter season is coming so we expect those sometimes, only humidity is killing us during summer

Again, i live in a light pollution area, but sounds my house is in less polluted area, red zone, and the excessive light isn't very near to my house, and by midnight or very late nights to the early morning before twilight the sky is really good, i can't say clear as dark sky, but sounds from images I've got, it is not bad, in fact i can see the Pleiades by my naked eyes and Orion constellation too without nebulae, but i really don't care much about DSO visual, i do visual if i want for solar system only, while for DSO i do imaging, and sounds that is fine from what i see then i can enjoy both, and because i am just started out so i will have time for both or more sooner or later.

Thanks again, and clear skies to all of you!

Tareq