Thread: Formula Boring
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Kal (Andrew)
1¼" ñì®våñá

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive milne View Post
On a slightly serious note....
I have been a passionate fan of F1 for close on 30 years.
The last year or two however has left me feeling cold towards it.
I could handle Schumacher (unsporting little pratt that he was) winning ad-nausium, or Vettel (with his galling sense of entitlement) being gifted championships beyond his ability. But there is something particularly unwholesome about the current state of affairs in F1. Speaking from the perspective of a Lewis Hamilton fan, I am not pleased at hollow and contrived the competition has become.
When Red Bull were dominating, was there so much as a month that went by without the rules being changed for the purpose of reigning in Adrian Newey's technical brilliance?
Now we have a situation where one technology supplier (Mercedes) has a technical advantage and the rules have been structured to the effect of preventing the competition from addressing the deficit over a period of years. Could you imagine what would have happened to F1 if the rules pertaining to aero had allowed a team to put cars on the grid with a blown or double diffuser and no-one else was allowed to adjust their cars to catch up? Well, the Mercedes engine is a bigger advantage than that.
It is farcical, and boring.
It certainly isn't racing, and I am not sure I can be bothered waiting another year or two for the rest of the grid to be given permission to compete.
Exactly how I feel, although 25 year fan watching almost every race, and supporting the Aussie racers Webber and now Ricciardo instead of Hamilton

The regulation changes really seem to restrict other teams from catching up through the season, so if round 1 was boring, the rest of the season will be as well. The only thing that will keep it barely interesting is if Rosberg and Hamilton get stuck into a good fight again.