Thread: Formula Boring
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2015, 10:32 PM
04Stefan07 (Stefan)
Make it so! - Capt.Picard

Well said mate I totally agree with you.

This was the point I was trying to make earlier. Just look at the dominance of Ferrari and Red Bull in recent years. It's up to the other teams to get their act together. You should have seen what Toto Wolffe said about the other teams and he was 100% correct.

This is what Formula 1 is all about. It seems people have forgotten what F1 really is. If they want to see close racing then they should go watch Touring Cars or GP2.

Also good point about Ricciardo. This thread wouldn't have existed if he was driving for Mercedes. I don't like how the media put so much pressure on Australian drivers especially the supporters. There was a social pole that said Ricciardo had a 20% chance of winning the race haha. Clearly people have no clue on what's going and have no passion but that's a whole other discussion.

Cheers,
Stefan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffen View Post
I don't understand this sort of whinging, especially after just one race. Mercedes made their investment, put in the research and hard work, and came up with a brilliant car – why should they not be allowed to reap the fruits of their labour? Are you advocation Formula Mediocre? If anything makes a field like this boring then it's the other teams with their sub-par cars. They're the ones that need to get their act together.

As for the gloom and doom prediction for the F1, this situation has existed before, remember for example the years when Schumacher in his Ferrari was simply unstoppable. Other teams eventually caught up, and the field became more even again. The same will happen here.

But this whole notion that Mercedes ought be chastised for making the Formula 1 boring by having a better car is pure nonsense.

I wonder whether this thread would exist if Ricciardo was driving a Mercedes...

Cheers
Steffen.