View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

Matt,

You're right, it makes my job so much easier in post processing.

I love that rippling texture, too; can you see the little beads just above the surface of the water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
Very impressive, H.

For images which have come straight out of the camera, this would be a very pleasing result.

I also prefer the last two images, but they're all very good. I love the ripple effect around the swan in the second image, and the lighting is very nice.
Leon,

lol, go on, get one; you know you want to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Humayun, all I can say mate is, you are a bloody tease, good on you though enjoy.

Leon
Mike,

Oh, oops! I only had one EF-S lens, and that was the kit 18-55mm. It won't fit the 5D Mark II, as you rightly pointed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
I was more referring to the EF lens fitting - I thought that the standard EF-S lenses for the 350D/40D etc didn't fit the full frame cameras?
Here's a product shot I did this afternoon. A 3 minute exposure from the 40D, taken with the 17-40mm f/4L, at f/22; in camera noise reduction, white balanced using WhiBal, and post processing.

And, this; if the colours look off it's probably because my notebook is red deficient, or my colour profile isn't correct; basically, I ramp up the red. When I get home, I will process properly on my widescreen.

A quick process of an image from today. Shooting into the shade of tall trees, I needed a high enough ISO to maintain 1/focal length shutter speed. The grain works in this shot coupled with the processing; it adds a romanto-nostalgic feel.

1/200s f/5.0 at 200.0mm iso2000

Regards,
Humayun
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (5d_iis.jpg)
145.9 KB42 views
Click for full-size image (_MG_2997cold_iis.jpg)
152.9 KB50 views