View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Gama

Actually, the delivery is not correct if shipped by air. Try around $800.00 plus for air. Remeber, its not just weight, but also by size as well.
Also add to this your GST, and remember that you also pay GST on the delivery as well.
This equates to $5946+$800=$6746, add 10% GST plus Customs handling which adds another $800.00, now comes to $7546.
Thats landed in Australia, then add local delivery to your door etc.. had a final cost of about $7600.00.
Next is of course profit, which also includes warranty, which could be anything...
So in the end, its not a huge profit, unless the scope stays perfect for its warranty period, then its pure profit.
Its a gamble with warranty, as freight costs are really expensive. This is the gamble they take. Sometimes they win, sometimes they loose.
I was tossing in either buying local or ordering my scope from U.S.. but in the end i ordered locally after i did the math. I paid about $1,500 more than i would have wanted too, but with freight for my scope at around $1000.00 plus its complexity (RCX-400) it wasnt worth the risk.
Already its worth the trouble, as i had to get a new hand controller.
Finally, the main worth is the SUPPORT you have locally, and they (Dealer) would normally help out as best and many times you need.
Think of it as insurance, wich also costs too much !!!.