View Single Post
Old 15-04-2019, 09:45 AM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
I have been looking at this set up and note that apparently an electric focuser is planned and I have a feeling that out of any set up the RASA would find the greatest benefit.
I am guessing but I expect ease of focusing may be the most important issue assuming that one can change a selection of filters with relative ease manually.

Another thing I wonder about...
It will need a dew tube and it will extend past the camera and therefore perhaps turbulance from the (presumably hot) air from the camera may be an issue.
I would really like one of these but I will wait and see how things go..I would like to read reports of one using interchangable filters, an electric focuser and a suitable dew tube...
This set up would also benefit from a curved sensor ..pity that the curved sensors curve the wrong way...maybe in time☺
Alex
Alex I believe Celestron have already released an electric focuser for their SCTs. The RASA focuser looks to be the same focuser. Yet again something else to spend money on.

Here is the CN thread on the RASA 8, note that one guy is running the Celestron Motor focuser.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/6...ges-yet/page-5