View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 02:32 PM
pvelez (Pete)

Pixinsight - play with my data - any interest?

Like many, I have switched to PI for all my data processing. It has been a very fruitful exercise. I'm quite content to have been inducted into the PI cult.

But...

I fear I am at the edge of my skill base. I can produce good images, but not images that I am happy displaying at full resolution in public. My main issues have been with sharpening and noise reduction - I suspect actually my issue is with developing suitable masks so I don't process against myself.

What I really need is some instruction - just some tips on where I am going wrong. I can't see myself getting to a workshop for some months.

So as a next best step, I'd like to see what can be done with my data. That way I can assess how far off beam I am.

My proposal. I have some good data of M74 taken over the last 6 weeks or so. Its taken with a Planewave CDK12.5 matched with a FLI 16803. All data was collected from the iTelescope facility at SSO so its nice and dark.

I have calibrated and combined the data using PI. It comprises:

10 hours Lum
4 hours each of R, G and B
2 hours Ha

All but Ha is in 5 minute subs - Ha is 30 minute subs. All unbinned.

Is there anyone interested in having a play?

If there is interest, I can upload the masters to a publicly accessible Dropbox.

Let me know here or via PM if you are keen.

Pete