View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 12:31 AM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
Had a look at the conjunction this morning, clear skies all night but the seeing was terrible. Could barely make out Jupiters main cloud bands at 140X in the 127mm f7 but seeing Jupiter, its moons and Mars in the one field of view at , just, at 237X with an WO 4mm UW eyepiece was something that wont be seen again by my eyes.
Did take some avis' too that I will get around to processing soon, I hope. May have been better off using a dslr as Dennis' images are what I'm hoping mine may approach in detail and quality.
Looking forward to Mars and Saturn in early April when Mars is larger, 8" - 9" but just over 1 deg. apart and on Dec. 22nd Jupiter and Mercury ( 8" ) will be only 0.8 deg. apart , low in the eastern morning sky.
The 2020 Jupiter / Saturn conjunction is really something to look forward to, gives me a few years to hone my imaging skills, as that will be spectacular. Any bets on a cyclone on the east coast the week before xmas 2020.
Cyclone Jeff .. ha... who knows ..very poor seeing lately in Sydney.
Mars and Saturn will be a cracker also in April..and I too will want to image them, and they'll be around some stunning doubles also, as well as very close to stunning M22 April 1st.
Imagine that also; Mars and M22 only 21 minutes of arc separating them!
bigjoe.

Last edited by bigjoe; 08-01-2018 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Add