View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 01:43 PM
ozstockman (Mike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_T View Post
Hi Mike, no I wasn't aware. Now I'm really confused. How can you take flats at night or do you leave the scope and camera out till day or use a light box? I thought flats were to correct for vignetting not dust?
The same applies to vignetting. A camera sensor is not square and if you rotate it vignetting recorded by sensor will be different than it was before rotation.
No, I didn't use a light box when I was using DSLR. I didn't even bother to build one. I used to bring my mount with my camera left on scope inside and use blinds illuminated by downside lights to take flat frames. It wasn't hard for me to bring the whole setup back into the house because I have a wheel on one leg. Using it I can roll the whole setup by grabbing other two legs.
If you cant bright your setup still assembled it does not mean you have no choice to take proper flats without leaving your scope outside. You can remove your scope from your mount with camera still attached to it and bring everything back into your house. Then it will depend on your method of taking flats. You can wait till the next morning and bring everything back outside and use sky glow and t-shirt for taking flats. Or you can also use my method with blinds/white wall or even build a light box and do it inside your house the same night you take your lights.

cheers,

Mike