View Single Post
Old 17-10-2023, 07:40 PM
Alasdair

Altitude adjustment T-knob on NEQ6 stuck

I've recently acquired a second hand NEQ6 Pro mount, which (as I was shown at the time) is in very good working order. We took it apart to pack up for travel, and I'm only just now setting it up.

I put all the knobs in and took them out again, and now - the rear altitude adjustment T-knob simply won't go in. I've tried both knobs; both easily screw in at the front, but not at the back, so the problem (I'm assuming) is with the thread in the mount itself. Given that I've been very careful with it, I can't believe that I could have stripped a thread - I've done no forcing at any time. But at the rear, the thread on the knob connects with the thread in the mount; I can give it two turns, and that's it. It simply won't go any further.

It's not a matter of the mount being in a wrong position - as I said I put both adjustment knobs in earlier, then took them out. I just can't put them back in again. What might be going on here? And how can I fix it?

Just to be sure, a picture of the knobs I mean is at https://www.modernastronomy.com/word...620x547@2x.jpg

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Alasdair