View Single Post
Old 15-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Visionoz (Bill)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ N View Post
Hi again Bill,

You mentioned that you have had success with the Hotech flattener and the ED120. Do you have any images that I could have a look at. I am honestly thinking of purchasing this same flattener for use with my ED120. I like the fact that it is only a flattener and not reducer. Whereas for the ED80 and the P-Flat4 combination, I like that it reduces about 0.75x.

cheers,

Daniel
Hi Daniel

Yep the FR for your 80mm seems to be working!

I referenced a link in my post#11 earlier on - but here it is again: LINK

This was with the 120mm OTA + HoTech FF mounted directly to the CCD using the T2 male thread of the FF rear end with no "correct spacing" in mind!

It is looking that way Daniel that two different FFs are needed; one for each - but wait on a bit if you can before purchasing the HoTech - I've got to test out the 2.5" FF from TS (Teleskop-Service.de) yet but have to wait for clear weather - if it works it will mean that I'll be using the TSflat25 (click here) only - I was provided with all the correct spacers etc to suit both the 80mm & 120mm OTAs - so will post back here the results

Reason I went for the 2.5" one (they have a 2" as well) is that both my OTAs are fitted with custom sized 2.5" MoonLite focusers (the standard size is 2" for those OTAs but I ordered the 2.5" LF with custom flanges; did cost a fair bit but one of them has the stepper motor drive; just beaut!)

HTH
Cheers
Bill