View Single Post
Old 15-06-2011, 02:18 AM
DJ N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionoz View Post
Hi Daniel

I've also got my spacers in last weekend but the inclement weather has stuffed my plans

I think I've researched enough and got up to speed with the "backfocus" nonsense (not really, as it affects how much we have to make up with spacers/ext tubes etc!!) and for my Orion SSDSI Pro v1 CCD apparently the flange distance to the sensor chip is supposed to be 14.5mm - now it being that the HoTech FF is supposed to be set 55mm from the sensor chip it means I've got to bridge that 55mm less the 14.5mm with the spacers!

BTW what is your QHY8L's flange distance to the sensor?

So until I can see stars and do a PA I can't experiment anymore till then

But what is strange though is that the HoTech works OK with the 120mm OTA without my being concerned (ignorant is the correct word here!) of the spacing requirement - I actually just screwed the T2 threaded end fitting straight into the camera opening (got the idea from h0ughy here who did just that with the HoTech and his 127mm NG OTA) - and it did the job pretty good - however would not work for the 80mm OTA - perhaps the native FOV of the scope plays a part in the equation; my premise is that the 120mm has a narrower FOV vis-a-vis the 80mm OTA which is of course much wider ... anyway just a thought!

HTH
Cheers
Bill
Thanks for that Bill. Maybe require 2 different flatteners for each scope after all . I was hoping that the WO would work on both.

From the manufacturers specification, for the QHY8L, the distance from the CCD to the front location surface is 20mm (or 23mm with the tile adjusting ring).

Anyhow, here is a test image with the ED80 (300sec with a 90% illuminated moon)....... please excuse the processing....... no flats either........was taken just to see the flattener effect.

Cheers,

Daniel
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Eta Carina 10Jun11 ED80 QHY8L PFlat4 IIS.jpg)
198.3 KB73 views