View Single Post
Old 30-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Visionoz (Bill)

Thanks Daniel

That's good timing - yep I did think about those from SW/Orion and then heard from here that others required a "special" adapter-to-T-Ring so turned me off - I already had the HoTech previously for my 120 BD - just need to start using the Equinox80 and hence the test and search now after the results of the test showed it was "useless" for the 80mm

Never mind Daniel, we're both in the same boat so to speak - at our level we'll just try to help ourselves and you have a similar CCD size to mine anyway (mine's a Orion SSDSI Pro; same chip I believe!) so I'd be interested to see how your results pan out with the 80mm OTA - if it proves useable for both the 120mm & 80mm then I'd go and purchase one too! That's the model that's adjustable isn't it?

TIA
Cheers
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ N View Post
Hi Bill,

I don't think I will be of much assistance yet, but I myself have just received the P-Flat 4 from William Optics. With the strength of the dollar together with free delivery, it was too good an opportunity. I was trying to find a flattener for both my Skywatcher ED120 and ED80. I originally was interested in the Skywatcher/Orion flatteners however I would have required 2 as they are not transferable. The other significant issue with them is that they are M48 thread which does not allow a CCD to be connected without some kind of adapter which would need to be custom made.

Anyhow..... just waiting for a clear night so that I can do a test image. I have it all sitting ready to go. I fitted the P-Flat 4 to the QHY8L and it is a nice solid threaded connection ( together with the Moonlite focuser on the ED120.... seems very solid).

Could be clear in Adelaide tonight so fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Daniel