View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 10:47 AM
adman (Adam)
Seriously Amateur

Hi Yoddha,

I downloaded the trial version a few weeks back - but only had my Shoestring DSUSB box and cables delivered yesterday.

The USB control of the camera for exposures up to 30" works really well, but I am having a few issues with using the DSUSB to control longer exposures.

Is it correct that the only way to take exposures over 30" is to use the Exposures box in the bottom right? I have never been able to get the 'Test' plan to operate the shutter. I have been able to create my own plans that have worked - but they don't work every time - they usually only work when first starting the program. I get the feeling that it is when I try to change the selected plan that the program loses either the DSUSB or camera USB connectivity. When this happens, the log says "Starting xxx plan", the status indicator at the bottom right says "Busy", and thats the way it stays until I manually shut the program down.

I am running Windows XP Pro, and using a Canon 10D with a USB cable and shutter controlled through Shoestring DSUSB.

Any help would be appreciated. It looks like a nice piece of software, that has great potential.

Thanks
Adam