View Single Post
Old 14-10-2020, 10:27 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpal View Post
Hi Mike,
that's a great image -
it's approaching CHART32 which is an amazing result from a Newt.
compared to multi million dollar system at Atacama.

How do you do it?

http://www.chart32.de/images/objects..._23LRGB_90.jpg

cheers
Allan
How do I do it Al?...well, I have lots of fun, some decent equipment, a bit of tenacity aaand..?..beer Seriously...thanks mate, you are always encouraging with your feedback, much appreciated ...I'd be happy with a 16" - 20" at Cerro Tololo....yeeeah, nup, that'd do

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
That's a ripper Mike. Your dedication shows in the quality of the image.
You go hard brother.

Greg.
Thanks Mate, I try bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado33 View Post
Very nice, and it looks so "original" without excessive noise reduction, so all the detail is well preserved. Lots of small background galaxies too
Thanks Scotty, yeah I get what you are saying and it is pretty spot on, I often leave a tiny tad of blemish in my images, I tend to prefer that to over corrected/smoothed etc probably a hangover from the golden years of astrophotography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Nice image Mike, the detail is very nice and I have placed that on my very large list of objects to image. I hope that with the Aluma 694 I have I can have a go at this fairly soon, but it might have to wait until next year.

If you don't use a command programme, how do you focus and how often? the focus looks very good. I have noted that focus on the AG12's I have shifts reasonably over the course of the first 3 hours of imaging. My focus routine focuses every 45 minutes to obtain the sharpest data, but I might be focusing too often.
Thanks Paul , our scopes are pretty capable (once tuned...and in some cases, worked on extensively by capable friends, or even modified luckily not in my case ). I focus by simply looking at a focus star up close on the screen and click on the in/out buttons on the Atlas focuser control panel on the screen until the focus star is as small as possible, easy and quick ..basic but effective. I tend to focus about every 30-60min but this is often me being pedantic to just make sure, or between filters. I find the scope holds focus quite well.

Mike