View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Gavin1234

Upgrade for imaging

Hi, first post but I’ve been reading on for a while.

I started astronomy and astrophotography about 3 months ago so I’m still a beginner. I bought a celestron 5se and ive been enjoying it but i can’t really achieve what I want to with it. So I’ve decided to upgrade my setup. What I enjoy the most is taking pictures of nebula. I can do a bit of this with my current gear but nowhere near as well as I’d like to.

I’m thinking about getting a CST with a large aperture and low f/ratio. Combined with a decent eq mount. I really like celestron because I’m used to using them and I have a starsense auto align, wifi module and some other gear I could transfer over to it. However, I’m happy to look at other brands as well.

I’m using a cannon 80d dslr at the moment but I will be getting something like a zwo asi183mc pro in about a month or two (once I’m used to my new setup).

Was hoping I could get some suggestions for my new setup. Looking to spend around $4,000 for the mount and scope but I can be flexible on that if need be. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.