View Single Post
Old 14-02-2015, 08:32 AM
Arthur Alchin (Arthur Alchin)
Honey based Meade

Central Coast NSW

Hi Jimmy.
There are a group of amateurs on the CC who get together at the pony club at mangrove mountain on the new moon each month ( or the closest Saturday night to the new moon anyway).

A number of us have a key to the property and there is no cost involved. There have been discussions over the years about forming a club but the idea has never been formalised.

Watch for any threads with Pony Club on the forum and you will be on a winner. The fellars are great and currently the largest scope that shows its face is owned by a guy called PHIL and its a 28" SMD. There are a lot of larger aperture dobs and quite a mixture of other scopes and some with no scopes which is equally as welcome.

We also have camping trips as a group for those who wish to go, w attend free camping areas ( or very inexpensive ones if necessary) in fact there is a small group going this week to Bretti reserve up from Gloucester for a few days. The skies there are magic, weather permitting.

I am sure others will fill you in more on our activities but at this tage welcome to our group if you choose to come on board.

Regular names you will see on the threads are Allan, Allan, Geoff, (filter) Geoff ( the owl) Geoff ( Inmykombi) Rick, Jacob, John (Fiscics) Rod, Mike ( the father of the website) Greg, Arthur ( that's me) PHIL, John Bambery, Glenn ( Lake Macquarie) and numerous others.

Feel free to call me for any other info 0400372813 although I'm in tasmania till tomorrow afternoon