View Single Post
Old 14-08-2018, 05:01 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

For me DSO is still all tests or experimenting and practice, sometimes it goes smooth and nice, and sometimes it is like a big FAIL, and just this year i learnt about guiding and also stars alignment, so i am getting there slowly, but the thing that make me not doing much of DSO is that i keep depending on my ST80, many said it is not bad with NB, but i feel even with NB it is still not nice quality, i feel it lacks a lot of performance in APO, even a cheap APO doublet will do better, so i don't waste more nights out for results i know it won't be so much great.

Now i really need to learn plate solving so i can work on a certain target over and ovewr again, and i need that more than other people because our nights are shorter or quicker than another parts in the world, and because if i waste time in setup then i don't have long hours per night, and the target are moving or crossing the sky really fast, 2 hours and the target of DSO mainly are from one side to another, maybe for less LP to more LP, so the best thing is if i do only 1 hour per night, so i need to get back to same target again and again, Pl.So. will solve that, that if i know how to use it and it works flawlessly.