Thread: Hong Kong E-Bay
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2008, 02:32 PM
billche

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgodf View Post
Piece of mind and the availability of local support are more important measures then raw failure numbers…I’ve had warranty claims and more importantly repairs outside warranty but free of charge because of the Australia Nikon supplier wanting to maintain a relationship – something that is sadly missing in this “cheap as possible never mind the service” world.

“from Chinxxxx” Not at all, many things are well made from china. I like local support and service, the protection of our business infrastructure (as Eric set out) and prefer to support Australian businesses notwithstanding the country of origin of the goods – what comes around goes around. The only time I don't is when the item I want is not available locally.
Sorry, I think I was a bit selfish as:
1. I seldom/never use this kind of service or local support.
2. I want to keep more of my hard earn money.

You are however absolutely right, here in Australia with 20m population to maintain the whole country we need to pay more.
I didn't and never suggest anyone to buy things from outside Aussie, what I did want to point out is "most of our toys that purchase from outside Aust. are actually the same things (of course not come with the services :-))."

To all:
Happy shopping :-)