View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 04:30 PM
astroron (Ron)
Supernova Searcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo41 View Post
Hi Ric,
I am a bit embarrassed about my equipment actually. I Have a 60mm refractor that i seem to be getting good results with, especially since i got some better lenses, and a great pair of 10 x 50 binoculars that i would be lost without. I am in the process of working out what sort of telescope I should get next, the bigger the better I reckon but I just can't make up my mind. I start looking at them all in the shop and just think "WOW" I'd love em all!
Hi Jo and Dont be embarrassed about your 60mm refractor ,
I started of with the same sized scope 26 years ago and still have it, but it's main use now seems to be as a a hat rack
but does still get dragged out now and again just to bring me down to earth sort of thing.
I have gratuated to over the years to a 20cm (8") SCT and and now have a 40cm (16") dob to keep me off the streets and under a dark sky
So as you can see most of us start small and gradualy get to the size scope we want after learning where we want to go in Astronomy.
So if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, as there is sure to be some one who will answer it for you
Cheers
PS welcome to all the Newbies I haven't greeted