Thread: Scope's-R-us
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2008, 06:51 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Oooh dear Peter, what's happening?...I agree with you again!

Jase, noone, not me not Peter not anyone, has said you shouldn't use remote proffessional imaging data acquisition services, many of us just believe that such comercially motivated and heavily assisted imaging is not in the spirit of where we would like amateur astroimaging competitions to move.

Your alternate view may indeed prevail but untill then we are just voicing our opinions, that's all..we still admire and respect your talents as an astro imager.

As to what is proffesional, well, an outfit that includes telescopes that are used to make their owners money by selling time on them and that provides all the raw materials with which to compile an image from, not to mention allowing paid research to be carried out on them too, is quite simply a proffessional or commercial observatory by simple deffinition really, what's so hard to understand here?

Please don't get too stressed, I certainly don't want to discourage anyone from doing remote comercially aquired data collection, it appears to be a great way to get perfect data for some great astroimages, I am not ruling its use out for myself in the future even

Mike