View Single Post
Old 21-01-2020, 10:36 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi View Post
The other big advantage doing it with a mini pc (ITX/NUC/stick) is that once mounted on the scope (dovetail/Velcro etc) and connected up to cameras etc, it’s quick and easy to setup. Take scope et al out, put on mount and one lead to the mount and voila! Im using an Intel nuc, but a massive thread on cloudy just using a stick pc.....and then I remote in with my iPad to get things going, or my desktop from the office if it’s hot and sticky, then Ill do some EAA....an i3 nuc can be had pretty cheaply as well, a celeron even more so, and more than powerful enough!

H
Cheers Hemi,

I've had a bit of an offline chat with Phil regarding this approach & it's definitely up there on my options list...

I'm chatting with another member regarding the Rasberry Pi / Indi approach as well... both of these approaches have their pro's & cons...

So, at this stage I'm probably heading down the Rasberry Pi lane based on cost of the unit & availability of software to do what I think I want to do...

If that doesn't cut it... this mini pc route will likely be my next option.. hell, even if I did both it'd still be less than a certain brand's out of the box solution that locks you into proprietary software & significantly limits ones choices...