View Single Post
Old 21-06-2020, 09:19 PM
kosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Err...the solvent would have long evaporated, and left whatever that gunk is.

Not happy? Simply send it back.

A reputable vendor will have no problem with that.

.....but what I am not seeing from you is their opportunity to remedy/respond prior to your post.

If you had said..."it turned up like this and they told me to bugger-off" it would be worthy of a user group posting.

No need to get upset mate, I have not accused anyone of anything. In fact, I said that the vendor seemed pretty good and was confident that they will be fine with it. And in fact, they are, and may even have read this post. I never mentioned Who the vendor was, nor that I was unhappy with anything other than being disappointed with what I had in my hands, again, not blaming anyone.
My original post was " Is this acceptable or should I take it back". That's all. If the consensus was that it happens all the time and doesn't affect your imaging and was normal for this equipment then ok. But, as I suspected, it shouldn't be that way and so I will return it.

What I have learned most of all though, is that some people are helpful, and some people are not. And i will think twice before posting a simple question in the future on this forum, which is quite sad.