View Single Post
Old 29-08-2007, 06:49 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Brilliant!

What a brilliant night. I had a beautiful sunset looking over Tuggerah Lake, but what made the sunset beautiful made the start of the eclipse frustrating.

High patchy clouds ruined the first half of the partial phase, but they cleared by about 7:45pm and the rest of the night was crystal clear - and not a drop of dew, which was very fortunate due to all the lenses I had pointed in the air.

I didn't really have the equipment I needed/wanted to take the photographs I dreamed of, but I'm sure there's something I can salvage out of what I did take. You have to do the best with the equipment you've got. I got some lovely sunset shots though

Totality was brilliant. Awe-inspiring. Breath-taking. To see stars next to the full moon, to see the milky way, to see meteors zipping around - all at full moon, man what a buzz.

It was great to share it with my family who came along for a few hours, and also one of the Berkeley Vale locals (Ash) who kept me company . He enjoyed the sight through my 12" dob while we talked about astronomy.

The event was much better and more exciting than I'd hoped for. I wish there was another one sooner, but I guess if they were more common they wouldn't quite as exciting.

Thanks to all the new members for signing up and posting your experiences and photos.