View Single Post
Old 24-02-2020, 09:02 PM
Startrek (Martin)

PHD2 Equipment Profiles and Calibration

A quick question regarding PHD2 , multiple equipment profiles and calibration
I’ve just upgraded my existing shoe mounted Orion 50mm helical guide scope to a new dovetail bar central axis mounted Orion 60mm helical guide scope on my 6” f6 newt in Sydney and re using the same ZWOASI120MM guide camera
I already use an Orion 60mm helical guide scope and ZWOASI120MM guide camera for my 8” f5 newt down the south coast NSW
In my equipment profile I currently have both the Orion 50mm and the Orion 60mm guide scope set up
Would I have to create a third equipment profile for the new Orion 60mm guide scope in Sydney and calibrate accordingly or can I use the existing Orion 60mm guide scope set up for my 8” f5 newt and reuse it’s auto restore calibration in Sydney
On the same note should I then create a new dark frame library and bad pixel
Map for calibration or reuse the old one which was originally set up with the Orion 50mm guide scope
Sorry it’s a mouthful and a bit confusing
My gut feel is to create a third equipment profile ( renamed 60mm Sydney ) and then generate a new dark frame library and bad pixel map for the new Orion 60mm guide scope ( with existing guide camera ) and then perform a new calibration and save it

Appreciate some feedback from members who have multiple equipment profiles or have had experience with the above scenario

Thanks in advance