View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Kirkus (Kirk)
Beginner-ish

Thank you for the replies.

1ponders: I'm Macintosh based, so I doubt many (if any) members here would be familiar with the program(s) I use. I have a wonderful program called AstroIIDC that I use for capturing video and that eventually I'll use for tracking. It's also used for stacking, etc. But it only processes video files. I can use it to create a multiple frame video file from the tiffs off my camera then select 1 dark frame that it then subtracts from all frames in that video.

Actually, I do have a program called Lynkos that I've used in the past for planetary stacking and it does allow for multiple darks and flats to be used during stacking. However, the program is highly processor intensive and hangs up my computer on occasion. I thought if I could manually create a master dark I could then use it with the first program I mentioned, AstroIIDC, which isn't nearly has hard on my computer.

leon: Paul is dead, for sure. I have a Canon XTi (400D). Unfortunately it doesn't have ICNR. At this moment, the extra time involved allowing the camera to perform ICNR would be a welcome change.