Thread: ccd cameras
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Visionoz (Bill)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Thanks Marcus and Bill for your informative replies,my intentions are to use these imagers for deep sky,I have two setups, SC12'" equotorially mounted and a apo 127 the same type of mounting.So Bill your leaning towards the v2, andMarcus your CCD is similar to the 8300 which you are happy with,? Thanks fellas for your responces.
Neil

I was just "cutting my teeth" on the V1 for getting the workflow in using a CCD imager (I still have my astro-modded EOS 40D & 5DmkII) - bought the V1 here in IIS "used" - and wouldn't mind getting a V2 (the V1s are no longer produced) except that I had ordered the Moravian Mono CCDs recently for LRGB/and/or NB imaging - when our dollar was strong last couple of weeks ago I weakened and bought the two CCDs to suit my various OTAs that I use - since my obs is about ready I'm anxiously waiting for their arrival - probably SWMBO will kill me when she finds out soon with the credit card statement aro 21st of this month!!

I think you'll find the V2 good value for the money for the genre of this kind of CCD chip sensor

HTH
Cheers
Bill