View Single Post
Old 20-03-2020, 10:20 AM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

To achieve F6.3, back spacing to the sensor is 105mm, I honestly don't believe there is any confusion on that however, I note there are other figures out there but, 105mm if you go looking is the predominant figure & tends to be backed up by evidence...

You may actually find with your current setup you describe, you may in fact be slightly over that...

Your diagonal would add pretty close to 100mm to the image train, I think most of the ZWO's sensor depth is 12.5mm so, even with just those items in the train you might be slightly over the 105mm.

How much does the zero shift focuser add to the train?

Maybe you just need a small extension tube to make it up to 105mm which may or may not give you the clearance you are looking for...

As I said in an earlier post, if you PM me your email address, I will send you a spreadsheet one of the 'very smart & experienced' members on here sent me that shows how different back spacing effects the f ratio reduction you achieve... this might provide you with information to look at & compare to see if there is a spacing that delivers you the clearance you are looking for together with an acceptable f ratio reduction

Cheers