View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 10:32 AM
tileys

Pulse guiding - Guiding while imaging

Quick Q - I know I can use ASCOM to do pulse guiding so I don't need the ST4 connection to the mount in addition to the EQDIR cable I use but a fairly silly Q - how do I get PHD2 guiding WHILE I am also using longer exposures while imaging in e.g. Sharpcap ? Doesn't PHD2 need a continuable series of short subs to keep a star in its target ? or is the initial calibration using shorter subs enough.

I would use my QHY 5LIIC as a guidecam (using ST4) and just use my ZWO imaging CMOS but of course - I am running Windows 10 and as far as I can make out I cannot get the QHY cam running in PHD2 (or presumably any other guide software) under Windows 10 ?

Another option for my is to just bite the bullet and go straight to my fledgling Raspberry Pi 3 setup using INDI - which I think will enable my to use Open PHD Guiding with the QHY over ST4 and to use the EKOS capture for the ZWO.

Been out of the loop for a little while and feel like I'm learning the basics all over again

Spent ages last night trying to adjust my azimuth knobs (very stiff) on my EQ6 without loosening the mount to tripod bolt - the cold seems to make my brain work a bit slower...