View Single Post
Old 18-06-2015, 09:48 AM
PRejto (Peter)

Paul,

If you are going to try to reseat the worm be aware that the major adjustment is not just the cam pin! There is a video by Chris Venter that is quite popular that skips a most important step! That step is the adjustment of the 1/4-20 bolts and is discussed in the SB pdf on replacing the worm. If the 1/4-20s are wrong it won't matter what you do with the cam stop. BTW, in Chris's defence, when he made the video, the 1/4-20 adjustment was not part of the procedure in the Bisque pdf. Anyway, if you feel any slop in the worm/ring gear meshing it is likely to be the 1/4-20.

Peter

PS You may ask why I know about this. It's because whilst I had my MX I must have removed and replaced the worm 15-20 times trying to solve an unsolvable issue that was only resolved by me sending the mount back and trading up to the MEII. Mine had some sort of defect in the PA bearing (which is speculation on their part). I'm sure that is uncommon but took ages to diagnose. SB was very good about making things right, but it took me more than a year to prove the case. That part was frustration beyond belief.