View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

Mike,

Thank you. As you can probably tell, I'm ecstatic. I've just come back from doing my first professional shoot this brilliant morning between 8 AM and 10 AM, and, let me tell you, this camera performs like an absolute dream. Autofocusing with the 200mm f/2.8L II USM was just too easy. Come the day, Tanya will be a very happy bride, I suspect.

I've gotten rid of all my older Canon gear; just have the 50mm f/2.5 macro, 50mm f/1.4 and 24mm f2/.8 to sell. I just can't go back to using them after having had the privilege of using L-series glass. You'll know what I mean come next weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
Wow they are fantastic first light images. ISO3200 looks very clean still.

Do all your lenses fit this full-frame camera or do you now have a special set of lenses for it?
Paul & Alex,

Thanks, guys. I think, to put the dynamic range and quality into context -- my 350D would not have caught the gamut, the 40D would have come pretty close, but, as far as I know, -- the dynamic range available on this, is, in another league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [1ponders] View Post
Double wow!! The last shot really says it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN View Post
I LOVE the last 2 shots... Fantastic.
Thank you, again. I will post a couple of the shots from this morning, later on, when I have processed them.

Regards,
Humayun