View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Melongeed (Australia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushellon View Post
A couple of things that might help.

From your location you need the point your mount approx 11degrees east of magnetic south.

In the setup menu there's a alignment stars option, you can change how they're filtered and that might make it easier. I just have it on alphabetical and use a star map app to find appropriate stars and you can just skip through the list to see if they're there during your alignment.

After you've done your star align, open up the polar align menu. Centre it on an easy star and follow the directions. It'll move the mount and you'll have to move it back to the centre of your eyepiece/screen using your adjustment knobs.

This part might not be nescessary but I've been told it works so... after the polar align routine. Use the menu to park the scope and power down the mount. Then you can turn it back on enter your time/location do you two star align and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.
Hey Tim, cheers for the quick reply.
I've got it pointed as close as possible for true south, I've calculated for the difference between magnetic and true south. I've also already had set the alphabetical order of the stars in the catalog while aligning.

I have tried manually moving it back to home after I aligned the scope and it made no difference, the alignment was SUPER far off the mark.

I cant seem to get good goto accuracy that's the problem, it really doesn't like me T_T