View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 03:10 PM
Russj (Russ)

Pixinsight Tutorials

For the last 12 months I've been struggling with PI, I've been able to process an image with one of the many workflows, but never understood what I was doing with each tool, just using defaults and hoping for the best, I've watch countless hours of Youtube videos, many of which were ok but never explained what the real process was behind each button or slider.
I bought Warren Kellers book, which often confused me even more ( I'm old bloke and probably a bit thick as well :-] ).
Default setting seem to work ok for some images but look really crappy with others, and after 12 months I found I was still struggling.
I'd seen Adam Blocks PI courses and looked at the prices which I thought might be a bit on the steep side and so I let it go, several weeks ago after reading several posts on various forums, which gave glowing reports on the course I decided to cough up the dough and register.

In three weeks I learnt more than the previous 12 months of using Youtube and Kellers book (which I now understand a little better), Adam covers PI modules in depth (without any mathematics) he explains the purpose of the variables and what goes on behind the scenes when you select or change one, all in easy to understand parlance.
As an example I never understood what changing an image from a linear to non linear form was about, there is a 40 minute section that covers this, I cant claim to be an expert but I now understand the theory and what is going on when you use HistagramTransformation.

I cant recommend this courses highly enough, as far as the cost, its probably the best money I've spend this year, so if your at a standstill with PI
I would highly recommend this course,....... its probably not for raw beginners but it will certainly help users with some basic understanding of PI.

And no.... I'm not related or receive any kickbacks, just a very satisfied user.
Regards Russ

Last edited by Russj; 11-10-2018 at 06:52 PM.