View Single Post
Old 16-09-2017, 02:16 PM
Paul Haese

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Looking pretty good Paul! More data will help with the colour fidelity but for the short run so far it's looking good
Thanks Colin and I agree more colour data will help this image. It is clear here today so I might get a few more hours on it tonight before I move onto something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Great colors.

That's interesting. How does that work?
Colin was correct. The inherent flex in the focuser is cause star shapes to change slightly, so it is better to do all the colour on one side of the meridian to get consistent airy disk shapes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
......Ha ok, that make sense as the flipped fov wouldn't be exactly the same. .........
Whilst it is good to have flipped images in the stack for a giant dithering effect, it is problematic for flexure related issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Encouraging result.

A 12" F4 Newt would be quite the beastie to tame..do you have a dedicated coma corrector for it?
Thanks Peter, yes I am using a TS GPU coma corrector. It is very good at dealing with the coma but very fickle when it comes to tilt. It is a speed boat for imaging but a pain to get sorted for consistent results. I am sure it will be excellent once I get it all dialled in.