View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 09:20 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well my lady "friend" had to abandon the house and bailed with the fire closing in..no one turned up to help. At the end of the road they found three fire trucks with the men having a beer..they pleaded for help and were refused.

She stayed up with my daughter and her mother at the main house here last night, ...lucky I called before I decided to up to the main house just now as it would have all been my fault.

Anyways she is going back up apparently to see if anything is left.

But I am very disappointed that these firefighters would not go up and all I can hope is they decided to go after all.

And before anyone says that it would have been dangerous for them it seems that is not the case as the fire had burnt out everything except for a " island" around my place and next door so access to it and the neighbours (which apparently did burn down) was along a road that had burnt.

It will be interesting to find out what has actually happened as news is so hard to work thru in these situations not withstanding social media stories grow and change.

I just have to accept whatever out come..And no this house was not insured because it could not be insured. I will feel loss because I built it with my own two hands and so was proud of it.

Knowing this lady however she will probably rebuild it even if she is not talking to me.

Alex

According to the map it's still coming this way.
Alex

It's still there, I can't believe it..it went around the house and went around a parked car so all I can't think is the fire guys must have gone up there cause there is no way otherwise.

Anyways back to work ... I have an extention that should help at the van and now have to get the house fire pump fixed and do everything re more clearing etc.

It has not jumped the river and if the wind stays down it should stay on the other side...such a relief it has bought us all to tears.

Alex

Last edited by RB; 08-10-2019 at 09:02 PM.