View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 05:56 PM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)
Feel free to edit my imag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_S View Post
My son is a volunteer Firefighter at Mt Tambourine, Qld. He done a 14 hr shift yesterday, he'll be doing the same today. Water is scarce they are filling the fire trucks from small dams and backyard pools. We are all wishing for rain and a cool change.

Martin
Hats off to the heros

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_draco View Post
Jesus Bloody Christ. Maybe think about the real causes, like ADANI, like stupid dogma driven politicians for your fires!!

This is the kind of thinking that led to brilliant ideas like, bringing rabbits and Foxes to Australia! It isn't just Queensland that's affected, (where ripping down forests and digging up coal in the name of "progress" is seen as a "good idea"); it's the whole damn planet that is being impacted.

There's a heat pulse coming out of Antarctica now that's going to make banana benders fry like you ain't seen it before. Cutting down what belongs here is sheer stupidity. You'll take out the entire Ecology of the country in the process. Is that a "Good Idea" as well.

Baise Moi!
Isn't there a certain "Frog" that was introduced there to stop insects, the cane toad, only, too late they realised it couldn't CLIMB ??? and is so poisonous things that eat it die

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
I have never fought a fire with water..this will be a first..mostly I use a sheoak branch. It's like a military battle you attack the flanks only and only attack the weak points...folk attack the spots that are burning fiercely I say let them burn and attack when it dies down...and you just nibble away.

Haven't fixed the house pump ..it looks fine I think they just may not have primed the pump properly...anyways my workers quit and refuse to do any more work until tomorrow...still no news re the old place but looking at the map there is a chance it may have missed me but I am crashing at straws maybe.

Alex
I have been watching it on Facebook, we are so lucky here Terrible for all of you

"It’s time to stop dreaming of what the country once was - that’s disappearing and there’s no way back."

TERRIBLE, and SOOOOOOOOOO wrong in the eyes of the world.

The only country in the world with the most amazing animals, indigenous races and culture, wonderful seas, and great people, in MY opinion something worth fighting to preserve and REINSTATE at all costs

Last edited by RB; 08-10-2019 at 09:03 PM.