View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 12:14 PM
hotspur (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Hi Leon. I the guy that makes the triggers here in Australia. The one Chris purchased. I didn't have adapters for all DSLR's as there are too many. However I can assist with where you can get them. The short answer is if you have a 5d and purchase a trigger I will give you a link on the Bay to where you get the adaptor you need. They cast about $7 and clip on to my supplied lead. You can then still use the trigger on any Canon that uses a 2.5 jack. You can keep adding adapters to suit as many cameras as you want, so the trigger can be very versatile. Thanks to the great support from IIS members I am currently out of stock. Waiting for parts to arrive. I will have them back online shortly. I did not want to use this site to promote my item and have been selling them for a long time. However I have been seeing lots of posts due to the storms in QLD. I thought as a member I should give some support.

Thier are lots of ways too shoot lightning, but triggers allow you to set and forget. I go inside and let the camera do the work. When we get big storms I have one camera setup with the trigger and another on long exposure. I started out with one of those cheap ones from Greece on the bay. Fell to bits and was poorly made. Ended up not so cheap. As an electronics Tech I decided to make my own. Then friends wanted one and the production started and have been building them ever since..

I hope I have not broken any forum rules with my post. My product makes very little profit and is more about helping others get great shots and have fun.

Hope this is some help Leon and others

Mardy
Thanks for all your help Martin,this is a helpful post to photograhers here,I hope the mods do not consider it spaming and delete it-they seem rather heavy handed here .It surely would not take too much to figure you would make very little profit on such items,and its a genuinely helpful product to photographers here-now looking forward to Teusday's storm.

Leon-the cable you need costs about $7 I've got one on the way,I'll post the ebay link for it,if you need it