View Single Post
Old 25-10-2009, 04:35 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

IMHO PHD works quite fine. The latest releases (1.10 and onwards) do work a bit differently, the maximum DEC duration being one of the initial changes that threw a lot of people off initially because PHD is not chasing DEC drift as hard as it was back then. Its guiding aggressiveness in RA has also been increased so you'll have to tweak that down to maybe 50-60% in the brains settings to avoid jumps. Having said that I haven't experienced any major drama with the new versions. There is no such things as PHD induced "gremlins" in the registry or on your computer OS. This to me starts sounding like a witch hunt. "My car battery's flat! Bloody PHD's at it again" . If you have big jumps in RA or DEC you have bigger problems than the software. Try to do unguided for a while, iron out any mechanical/balance issues then reactivate the guide output. Realisticaly speaking if you're guiding through clouds and lose the guide star for 30s or so then you should pick it up again no problem without any noticeable drift. If that's not the case then you have bigger problems (why do I keep repeating this? ).

Last edited by multiweb; 26-10-2009 at 08:32 AM. Reason: spelling