View Single Post
Old 14-03-2019, 10:09 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukastronomer View Post
I am 60 and been somewhat into Astronomy for too many years as a simple hobby but I went straight in at Digital, I have always been INTO "IT" and built my own computers from 486's, and still do, my sons and mine.

What is wrong with unguided and JPEGs, as a professional sports photographer I never use anything else even for glossy mag entries to the Editor

I think the biggest problem these days is that you are MADE to feel inferior if you don't produce images like Hubble on a forum, me, I am happy with single shot images, un stacked. And my friend Patrick Moore was happy enough to use two in one of his book so no frills for me

Yes I know I am not the Hubble but I want to enjoy what I do not get annoyed because I can't get it "j u s t" right and constantly strive for the perfect image over the enjoyment, this is MY personal thought for me, others have their "own" personal thoughts that apply to them

Oh and I have posted this link, used by pro photographers for ages, best software I have used for noise reduction and it is free, I shoot often at 20,000 iso early and late for sports and use this so TURN OFF in camera noise reduction and control it in editing

https://noiseware-community-edition....?ex=DSK-1262.7
Hi Jeremy
Do you think the noise reduction softeware you use has any advantage over Startools?
Alex