Thread: FOV in TSX
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 02:33 PM
pvelez (Pete)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Two things matter in this case. Polar alignment has to be very good. I have my pointing at 6" with no further adjustments on the Rc12. Secondly and part of the above, make sure your computer time is right. Third, (well second major point) make sure your north angle is near spot on.

Can the STX do remote guide head? I have the STXL with integrated guider and filter wheel, so I dont know about the STX. If you can do remote guide head, maybe look at an OAG. Never have a problem finding guide stars that way.
Cheers Paul

I believe I have this licked but to touch on your comments, I believe my PA, time and north angle are right.

I have toyed with the idea of a MMOAG. Based on my (admittedly poor) maths, I have insufficient backfocus to use my Lodestar with the MMOAG. I would need to invest in a remote guide head. There is one for the STX though I think SBIG are phasing it out. That, plus the MMOAG as well as custom adapters adds significantly to the cost of a new set up.

All the Taks for sale recently also tempted me to go with a guidescope.

That said, I do like the ease of a rotator and internal guide chip - when I have it running smoothly - so I'll see how it goes for now

Pete