View Single Post
Old 17-09-2023, 02:54 AM
g__day (Matthew)
Tech Guru

Process help - deciding how to best sequence multiple targets over several months

I have chosen a set of imaging targets I would like to do over the next 3-6 months weather permitting. I am wondering if there is a range of cooperating software that will let me execute a multiple night multiple plan that can select targets based upon their promixity to an ideal elevation in the sky at any given moment and the completeness of my desired imaging plans?

So broadly I need to:
  1. decide how much data to get on each target over a multiple months and
  2. plan how best to allocate imaging time each available night to objects in the target list based on how favourably they are positioned and hom much data I have collected and am yet to collect on each and
  3. automate as much of possible of each nights' subsequent imaging plan - by importing the nights play list into APT / SGP and being able to track my achieved data gathering process for these targets over many nights.
I expect N.I.N.A. can do large parts of this - but before I learn that I normally use APT and SGP to execute single night plans on 3-5 targets a night.

What I want to do now is plan how I will collect data on 20 NGC targets over the next 3-6 months.

Can any folk give me pointers on software and workflows to help progress the 3 points above.

Many thanks, Matthew