View Single Post
Old 28-12-2010, 10:13 PM
hotspur (Chris)

re camera body

A good understanding of photography is needed to get the best out of any equipment,regardless of what price bracket the equipment is in.

two books I recommend are 'The digital photography book vol 1 and 2'

by Scott Kelby.

I am no expert,but these books help a lot.5 years ago I knew nothing about digital photography,now I know enough to know I know very little.

However,those 'expensive' L grade lenses and similar,are really not that expensive.The difference between these and the regular kit lenses is like that between night and day.The sharpness,the clarity,really gives one confidence in the field.

I use a 450d and 50d body,but put more money into my lens purchases.I am no professional photographer,and do not want to be.But people had over money to me for the images I take. I feel that the investment in expensive lenses is well worth it.When they say they have never seen images so clear.

I do very little PP,so I have to use my limited skills and understanding of light and the L's to do the job.

Here is two images with no PP or cropping,just size reduction.

The first is with 450d and a 70-200 F 2.8 L

The L's are magic,particularly the 70-200 its like it somehow does something to the air,the images have so much better clarity than any other glass I have used.

The second with a 50D and 400 F 5.6 L

really I cannot see much difference in the two camera bodies I own,sure the 50d is a bit more fancy,but its those L lenses that make a big difference.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_1078.JPG)
190.5 KB43 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_1938.jpg)
187.2 KB44 views